Available for Adoption
Toy Size (10" and under at the shoulder)
Max is a six-year-old neutered male yorkie-poo who weighs 15 pounds. Max is a sweet, friendly boy who loves to give kisses. He likes to play with toys and will choose a favorite to carry around or nap with. He likes to sleep in bed with his foster parents and their dogs. Max announces visitors, but he does not bark excessively. He's eager to please and would do well with a family that is familiar with positive reinforcement training. Max enjoys meeting new people and gets along well with his four-legged foster siblings, but he isn't super keen on new dogs. His foster family is helping him work on his social skills, but feels he would do best with calm, smaller dogs or as an only dog. If you are an experienced dog owner and would like to make Max a part of your family, please fill out an adoption application! Learn MoreEmail Us!
What she wants most is a home with a family that has another dog for her to play with. Also on her wish list is a soft bed to snuggle with her people on. She's about ten years old, so she doesn't need any puppy chew toys, but she would love a squeaky toy to play with!. Maybe a new leash so she can go for a nice, long walk with her family? Last but not least, she would like some treats so she can be rewarded when she sits and lays down on command!
If you can help Elsie make her wish list a reality, please fill out an adoption application here:
please fill out an adoption application!
Learn MoreEmail Us!
Mini Size (Between 10" and 15" - most are in the 13-15" range)
None at this time
Adoption Process and Information
- All steps listed below are required of all potential adopters. Poodles are matched to families based on the Poodle's needs and personality, not on an applicant’s first come first served basis.
- Fill out the application COMPLETELY.
- If it is a good fit, we will contact you for a phone interview.
- Your vet and grooming references will be contacted.
- Once a poodle matches your application you will be contacted for a home visit. All members of the household must be present during the home visit.
- Introduction to your new family member.
- Sign adoption agreement and pay adoption fee.
- Welcome your new family member.
All Poodles adopted through PRVT leave spayed/neutered, having had fecal exams and de-worming, heartworm testing, micro-chipping, vaccinations, grooming and any other necessary medical procedures.
- 2 years and under: $600
- 3 - 6 years: $500
- 7 - 10 years: $400
- 11 years and older: Adoption Fee WAIVED
- All Bonded pairs have a reduced adoption fee.
Poodle Rescue of Vermont is a volunteer organization. Our volunteers work normal jobs and have families like many of us do. We respond to adoption inquiries as soon as possible, but please be patient if you don't receive a same day response. If you have a follow up question about your application please contact us at email@example.com.
Because of the volume of applications we receive some applications which are not complete may not receive a response.